In our previous guide, A Complete Guide to the Wheel of Life, we covered the concept of the Wheel of Life and its significance. If you’re eager to harness this powerful tool to elevate your coaching business to new heights, you’re in the right place.
In this article, we’ll provide a step-by-step guide on creating a customizable Wheel of Life assessment online.
With the help of this user-friendly tool, you can unlock your prospects’ potential, support their personal growth, and make a lasting positive impact.
The Wheel of Life Assessment is a visual representation of various life areas that hold significance for an individual.
The Online Wheel of Life Assessment
As technology continues revolutionizing our lives, the traditional pen-and-paper approach has given way to its digital counterpart, the online Wheel of Life Assessment.
With the online Wheel of Life tool, you can easily customize the categories to reflect the prospect’s unique circumstances and priorities, making it a flexible tool in various coaching areas.
Let’s take a closer look at some of its benefits:
- Offer instant feedback and build rapport during Wheel of Life assessments.
- Seamlessly incorporate assessment results into targeted email campaigns for engaged prospects.
- Gain immediate insights for practical coaching sessions.
- Enable prospects to access and discuss assessments from anywhere.
- Enhance self-awareness through an engaging visual tool.
- Quickly adapt to changing life circumstances and coaching approaches.
- Safely store prospect data for future reference.
- Customize assessments to individual needs by adjusting categories and scales.
- Sync with various digital platforms for efficiency.
- Promote sustainability with a paperless, environmentally-conscious approach.
What Do You Need For an Effective Wheel of Life Assessment?
To create a customizable Wheel of Life online, you need the following things:
Internet Access: Ensure you have a reliable internet connection to access online tools and platforms.
Website or Platform: Choose a platform or website where you can create and host your customizable Wheel of Life assessment. It could be a website builder, survey tool, or specialized coaching software.
Survey or Form Builder: Use a survey or form builder feature within your chosen platform to create the assessment questions and visually design the Wheel of Life.
Assessment Questions: Prepare a set of well-thought-out questions that cover the relevant life areas you want to assess, such as career, health, relationships, etc.
Scoring System: Define a scoring system for each question or category to quantify the assessment results. Typically, a scale from 1 to 10 is used, with 1 representing dissatisfaction and 10 representing complete satisfaction.
Visual Design: Customize the visual design of the Wheel of Life, including colors, labels, and layout, to make it engaging and user-friendly.
Data Storage and Security: Ensure you have a system to securely store the assessment data, considering privacy and data protection regulations.
Interactivity: If desired, incorporate interactive features like real-time feedback, animations, or progress tracking into your online Wheel of Life.
Accessibility: Ensure your online Wheel of Life is accessible to users on various devices, including desktops, tablets, and smartphones.
User Instructions: Provide clear and concise instructions to guide users on how to complete the assessment effectively.
Feedback and Reporting: Set up a mechanism to generate immediate feedback or reports based on the assessment results, which can be shared with users.
Integration Options: Explore integration capabilities with other digital tools or systems, such as email marketing, CRM, or scheduling tools, to streamline your coaching process.
Testing and QA: Thoroughly test the online Wheel of Life to ensure it functions as intended and is free of technical issues or glitches.
Launch and Promotion: Once your Wheel of Life is ready, launch it and promote it to your target audience, whether it’s through your website, social media, or email marketing.
Monitoring and Analysis: Continuously monitor the usage and results of your Wheel of Life tool to make improvements and adjustments as needed.
User Support: Offer customer support or guidance for users with questions or issues while using the assessment.
Selecting the Right Online Tool to Create a Wheel of Life Assessment
As a coach, using effective tools and staying up to date with the current trends is essential for success. Here are some Wheel of Life assessment tools to enhance your coaching practice:
CoachPodium is an interactive online tool to generate leads and sell your services. It is a versatile tool serving coaches in various niches like life, health, relationships, and business.
With CoachPodium, you can create engaging Wheel of Life assessments, providing quick life balance insights for prospects. Each assessment can also generate potential leads.
Moreover, CoachPodium allows you to create a public profile, eliminating the need for a separate website.
Here’s a list of some benefits of this tool:
- Create customizable Wheel of Life assessments quickly.
- Gain valuable insights for tailored coaching strategies.
- Collect contact details for potential leads.
- Boost engagement and trust with free assessments.
- Add calls to action and integrate with email marketing tools.
- Create a public coach profile for added convenience.
2. Wheel of Life Plugin
The Wheel of Life Plugin is a powerful tool for you. With this tool, you can understand your prospects’ needs and aspirations by creating customized assignments in various categories.
You can seamlessly integrate these assessments into your website for easy access by prospects.
Beyond assessment, it is an all-in-one tool that enhances your connection with prospects, elevating your coaching business.
The following are some of its benefits:
- Easily create and integrate custom assessments on your website.
- Provide insights into different life categories for your prospects.
- Capture leads and offer personalized coaching sessions.
- Access an analytics dashboard to refine your coaching approach.
- Engage prospects with customizable email templates.
- Incorporate effective calls to action.
- Flexibly embed the Wheel of Life assessment on your website.
UpCoach is an all-in-one online coaching platform that streamlines your coaching business. It offers tools like the Free Wheel of Life app, a popular coaching tool for life assessment.
Some of its benefits are:
- Integration of coaching sessions, courses, worksheets, and community engagement.
- Effortless creation of tailored coaching programs.
- Simplified management of prospects, groups, and community engagement.
- Handles growth while you focus on transforming lives.
You can refer to the article, 6 Best Wheel of Life Assessment Tools to learn about the online Wheel of Life assessment tools in detail.
Step-by-Step Guide to Create Wheel of Life Assessment with CoachPodium
While the ocean of options might frustrate you, we have CoachPodium to narrow down your dilemma. It is an interactive online tool for lead nurturing and selling your coaching services.
Creating a customizable Wheel of Life assessment with CoachPodium is a process that involves several necessary steps. But don’t worry. We are here to guide you through each step and make this process a walk in the park.
Step 1: Start Your Journey with a CoachPodium Account
Getting started with CoachPodium is simple. First, head over to CoachPodium and sign up for an account.
They offer both a free and a premium version of their service. Even with the free version, you have access to customization options for creating the Wheel of Life assessment.
However, if you opt for the pro version, you can integrate your Wheel of Life with email marketing tools like Mailchimp, Zapier, and Brevo to smoothen your email communication. To enjoy the extended features, get our premium version at $12 per month with a 30-day free trial.
Once you’ve successfully registered and logged in, you’ll be taken to the CoachPodium dashboard, where you can begin your journey.
Step 2: Create Your Personalized Wheel of Life
You will get different options to set your coaching profile on the CoachPodium dashboard.
However, since we are discussing creating a customizable Wheel of Life online, you should choose the Wheel of Life plugin.
- Goto Wheel of Life menu on the dashboard’s left side and click the Add New button. It will take you to different customization options.
- Give your assessment a suitable title: This is the main heading or title of your Wheel of Life assessment.
It’s typically something like “Wheel of Life,” or you can customize it to fit a specific theme or focus, such as “Career Development Wheel” or “Health and Wellness Wheel.”
- Write a relevant description: This is a brief explanation or description that accompanies the Wheel Title. It provides context or explains the purpose of the tool.
Suppose your wheel title is “Career Development Wheel.” To describe this title, you can write, “Assess and strategize your professional growth areas.”
Remember, this is not a mandatory step, and you can write the description that suits your wheel title.
- Write a short title for your wheel row: This refers to the title for each segment or category within the Wheel of Life.
For example, in a typical Wheel of Life, the short titles might be “Career,” “Finance,” “Health,” etc. You can customize these titles to fit the specific areas you or your prospect wants to focus on.
- Include a title description: This is a brief description or question accompanying each short title.
It provides more detail about what each segment or category represents.
For example, the “Career” segment might have a question like “How satisfied are you with your current job or career path? Are you fulfilling your professional aspirations?“
You can view the title and description on your wheel result page.
- Now, click the Add a Wheel button to add more Wheel Row.
- This step will let you add as many wheel rows as you want. You must click Add a Wheel after each row and repeat the process.
- Once you set up the test questions, you can click the Go to Settings button to configure the provided settings for the wheel.
Step 3: Colorful Customizations for Every Wheel Row
Before we get into customizing each wheel row, CoachPodium offers plenty of ways to make your assessment unique. You can pick colors for the header and footer of your result page and customize each question individually. This means you can give different questions their own colors.
For this, you can simply click the Color Icon and choose from the range of colors available.
Besides color options, it also provides the following customization options.
This feature allows you to clarify whether certain assessment parts are mandatory.
You can set some questions or even the results page as optional using the Required icon. It can be helpful if you want to make the assessment more user-friendly and less time-consuming.
You can simply check/uncheck the Required button.
Checking this button will not allow your prospects to skip the result page. It means the question is mandatory. Unchecking this button will allow your prospects to skip the result page. They can skip the question if they don’t want to answer it.
If you are unsatisfied with the wheel row you created, you can delete it by clicking the Delete button.
Step 4: Configuring General Settings and Adding Captivating Calls to Action
Now, you can configure your wheel after setting all the questions and customizing each wheel row.
For this, you have two options: General Settings and Call to Action (CTA) Settings. Let’s understand more about it step-by-step.
This setting lets you change the visual of your entire Wheel of Life assessment. You can choose the chart type, wheel meter, meter values, and more from this setting.
- Button: A Button is where your prospects will click on to take the assessment. You can customize this section and write something that calls for interaction. For example, you can write “Start Assessment.”
- Skip Text: It is a text that appears when users can skip a question or section. You can make it more instructive or align it with your brand’s tone. For example, you can write “Skip.”
- Skip Welcome Screen: If you feel the welcome screen needs to be revised or want your prospects to get straight to the assessment, this option allows you to bypass it.
- You can turn on/off the Skip Welcome Screen by clicking the button. If you enable this option, users can skip the initial welcome screen. If you turn off this option, they won’t be able to do so.
- Left anchor label: It refers to the label at the lower-left end of your rating scale. You can customize this to reflect what a low score represents in your assessment.
Enter the text for the left anchor of the rating scale. For example, you can write ‘Strongly Disagree’ or ‘Not at all Satisfied’ to show disagreement.
- Right Anchor Label: Similar to the left anchor label, this is at the right end, just below your rating scale. You can customize this to indicate what a high score represents in your assessment.
- Wheel Meter: A wheel meter is the visual representation of the scores. You can adjust how the wheel’s meter appears. You can choose different designs to make it more visually appealing or easier to understand.
For instance, you can choose the type of your Wheel Meter from “Likert” or “Slider” by simply clicking on the option.
- Meter Values: This option lets you customize the values displayed on the wheel’s meter. You can set the desired values on the input fields of “Minimum Value” and “Maximum Value.”
- Chart Type: This feature allows you to select the type of chart used to display the assessment results. You can choose Polar Chart, Spider Web, and Progress Bar, depending on your preference.
- Featured Image: This is an optional step. By default, an image of the Wheel of Life is displayed. Upload your preferred picture here to replace it with a different image. Recommended photo size – 670px * 400px.
- Now, click Save Settings to save the changes you have made.
Call to Action Settings
A call to action is a clear and concise directive that guides your audience toward a specific action you want them to take.
It can be a simple phrase, button, link, or any other element that stands out and prompts immediate engagement. The primary goal of a CTA is to convert passive visitors into active users.
First, click Call to Action from the settings screen to assess this setting. The CoachPodium offers coaches three options for Call to Action: Custom, Default, and None.
Here is the step-by-step guide to changing your Call to Action settings.
Choosing the Custom option will let you display a customized CTA section at the end of each assessment. If you prefer to create a unique CTA for each wheel, choose the Custom option.
Follow the following steps for configuration:
- Title: This is the main heading of your CTA. It should be compelling to communicate what action you want the user to take. For example, “Book Your First Coaching Session Now!”
- Description: This is where you provide more information about the action you want the user to take. It should be persuasive and highlight the benefits of taking action. For example, “Take the next step in your personal development journey.” It is an optional step.
- Button Label: This is the text that appears on the CTA button. It should be action-oriented and concise. For example, “Book Now,” “Sign Up”, or “Learn More”.
- Button Link: This is the URL the user will be directed to when they click the CTA button. It could be a booking page, a sign-up form, a product page, or any other webpage that aligns with your goal.
- Add Your Professional Title: In this section, you should add the title as a coach. Some professional designations for coaches are Life Coach, Business Coach, and Relationship Coach.
- Upload Your Profile Photo: You can also add a profile picture in this section. Your prospects will see this photo on the Wheel of Life results page beneath your profile. Note that the recommended photo size is 250px * 250 pixels.
- Now, click Save Settings.
Moving on, the Default option under the Call To Action (CTA) settings in CoachPodium’s Wheel of Life Assessment provides a pre-set CTA to use as a starting point.
You can refer to this documentation, How to Set a Call to Action? to learn about the process. Also, this section is the same for any wheel you create in your CoachPodium account.
Here are the components of these settings:
- Title: This is the pre-set heading of your Call to Action (CTA). It’s typically a general prompt that can apply to various scenarios. Still, you can change the title per your requirement from the text input field next to the Title option.
- Description: This pre-set description provides more context about the action you want the user to take. Like the title, you can modify this to make it more relevant to your goals.
- Button Label: This is the pre-set text on the CTA button. It’s usually a general action prompt like “Click Here” or “Learn More,” but you can change it to something more specific if needed.
- Button Link: In this step, you must replace this with the URL you want users to visit. It may be the link to your coaching website or your profile.
- CTA Position (Desktop): This determines where the CTA appears on the screen for users accessing the assessment on a desktop device. You can choose a position that maximizes visibility and encourages users to take action.
If you want your CTA to appear on the right side of your Wheel of Life assessment page, choose Right.
If you want your CTA to appear on the left side of your Wheel of Life assessment page, choose Left.
- CTA Position (Mobile): This determines where the CTA appears for users accessing the assessment on a mobile device. Like the desktop setting, you should choose an easily visible position, encouraging users to act.
If you want your CTA to appear on top of your Wheel of Life assessment page, choose Top.
If you want your CTA to appear on the bottom of your Wheel of Life assessment page, choose Bottom.
- Now, click Save Settings to save all the settings.
If you don’t want to display any CTA on your wheel, you can choose “None.”
Step 5: Save Your Wheel and Hit Publish
You can publish your wheel once you’re done configuring all your wheel settings. For this:
- You can click Save To Draft to make changes later if required.
- If you are satisfied with the wheel you created, click Publish.
Step 6: Show Your Wheel to the World
Only publishing the wheel will not be enough. You will have to make it accessible to your audiences or prospects. For this, you can follow the steps written below:
- Share Link: A unique URL is generated for each wheel you create. You can copy this URL to share the assessment across different social media.
- Embed: The Wheel assessment created can also be embedded in a website. You have two options for this: Pop-up Code and Inline Embed Code.
- Pop-up Code: You can display your wheel directly on your site as a Pop-up covering the full full-screen. You can copy the pop-up code and paste it anywhere on your website.
- Inline Embed Code: You can embed the wheel directly on any webpage, like the homepage, service page, blogs, etc. Prospects can complete the Wheel of Life assessment without leaving your website.
After choosing the sharing option as you desire, you can click Finish Wheel and finish creating a customizable Wheel of Life assessment.
How Will Your Wheel of Life Look Like?
After customizing the Wheel of Life per your requirements and sharing them with your users, your Wheel of Life assessment will look like this.
How Long Will It Take To Complete an Assessment?
Completing a Wheel of Life assessment is a quick task, usually taking less than one minute. It makes this assessment a convenient and efficient self-reflection tool, perfect for quickly understanding your prospect’s life balance.
Strategies for Integrating the Wheel of Life into Coaching Sessions
Integrating the Wheel of Life assessment into your coaching sessions is a strategic approach to helping prospects gain valuable insights and work towards a more balanced life. Let’s explore strategies for seamless integration and effective guidance through the assessment process.
1. Introduction and Context Setting
During the initial coaching session, begin by introducing the Wheel of Life assessment and its purpose. Explain how it can serve as a tool for self-reflection and goal setting.
2. Assessment Timing
Determine when to administer the assessment. Some coaches prefer to use it at the beginning to establish a baseline. In contrast, others use it periodically to track progress.
3. Interactive Discussion
During coaching sessions, engage in interactive discussions about the prospect’s Wheel of Life results. Explore the reasons behind their ratings and encourage open discussion.
5. Goal Alignment
Align the findings from the assessment with the prospect’s coaching goals. Identify areas where improvements can contribute to achieving those goals.
6. Action Planning
Collaborate with your prospects to develop action plans based on the assessment results. Break down large goals into actionable steps.
Tips for Effectively Guiding Prospects Through the Assessment Process
Not just integration, it is also essential to make your prospects comfortable and clear when taking an assessment. So, the following are some tips for guiding them through the assessment you created:
1. Explain the Assessment
Before administering the assessment, provide clear instructions on how to complete it. Ensure prospects understand the rating scale and purpose.
2. Create a Safe Environment
Foster a safe and non-judgmental coaching environment. Assure prospects that their responses will remain confidential.
3. Encourage Honest Reflection
Educate your prospects about the importance of honest self-assessment. Encourage prospects to reflect deeply on their life categories and provide genuine ratings.
4. Active Listening
Actively listen to prospects’ explanations and insights during the assessment discussion. It shows your commitment to their growth.
5. Balance and Prioritization
Help prospects strike a balance and prioritize life categories based on their current needs and goals.
6. Celebrate Progress
Acknowledge and celebrate achievements and progress made in subsequent coaching sessions. It reinforces motivation and commitment.
7. Regular Review
Use follow-up assessments to track changes over time. You can adjust your coaching strategies accordingly.
How Do You Interpret Client Results?
Interpreting the Wheel of Life assessment data requires a thoughtful approach to gain valuable insights. Here’s how you can navigate this process:
1. Review the Wheel
Start by reviewing the completed Wheel of Life with your prospect. Take note of their ratings for each life category.
2. Identify Patterns
Look for patterns or trends in the ratings. Are there areas consistently rated lower or higher than others? Identifying these patterns can offer valuable insights into your prospect’s life balance.
3. Ask Open-Ended Questions
Engage your prospects in a conversation about their ratings. Ask open-ended questions to encourage them to reflect on why they scored specific categories the way they did. It can help uncover underlying issues or aspirations.
4. Prioritize Categories
Work with your prospect to prioritize the categories they want to focus on. These priorities may vary based on their goals and current life circumstances.
5. Identifying Client Strengths
Recognize and celebrate your prospect’s strengths and well-balanced areas. These are areas where they are doing well and can serve as a foundation for personal growth.
6. Understand Prospects’ Weaknesses
Address the lower-rated categories as opportunities for improvement. Identify specific challenges or obstacles in these areas and discuss strategies for overcoming them.
7. Discuss Growth Opportunities
The Wheel of Life also highlights growth opportunities. Encourage your prospects to set goals and action plans for the categories they want to improve. These goals should be specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART).
8. Track Progress
Regularly revisit the Wheel of Life assessment with your prospects to track their progress. Use updated assessments to measure improvements and adjust their coaching program.
Additional Insights and Recommendations for Coaches
To utilize the full potential of the Wheel of Life assessment in coaching, you can benefit from additional insights, recommendations, and strategies. Additionally, addressing common challenges in the coaching process is essential to ensure the effective utilization of this tool.
1. Regular Assessment
Encourage prospects to revisit the Wheel of Life assessment periodically. Consistent assessments help track progress, adapt goals, and maintain focus on life balance.
2. Goal Refinement
Guide prospects in refining their goals based on Wheel of Life assessments. Help them set SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound) goals for targeted improvement.
3. Visualization Techniques
Utilize visualization exercises with prospects to help them imagine their ideal life balance and the steps needed to achieve it. Visualization can be a powerful motivator.
4. Group Workshops
Consider offering group workshops where prospects can collectively assess their Wheel of Life. It fosters a sense of community, shared experiences, and peer support.
5. Integration with Coaching Programs
Seamlessly integrate the Wheel of Life assessment into your coaching programs. Create a structured framework where assessments are followed by tailored coaching sessions and action plans.
The Wheel of Life assessment is a powerful tool enabling prospects to gain self-awareness, set meaningful goals, and strive for a balanced and fulfilling life.
With online platforms like CoachPodium, creating a customizable Wheel of Life has become accessible to you and your prospects.
By incorporating this assessment into coaching practices, you can better understand your prospects and support them in their personal growth and well-being journey. So, why wait? Take the first step towards a more balanced way of coaching!